Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Short random post: Sports Taping

  Recently, I had a chance to use sports taping. About three weeks ago, I jammed my finger when I was playing a basketball. I thought it would be better if I just wait without playing a basketball. I waited for a week without playing a basketball, and all the pains were gone. Since I wanted to play basketball so bad, I immediately played basketball right after my pains were all gone. Unfortunately, my fingers started to hurt again after I played basketball. I was getting worried about my finger. I had my pinky jammed three years ago. From this point, it was hard for me to move my pinky. I was afraid that my jammed finger would become like my pinky. Plus, it was index finger on the right, so I was worried that my index finger won't be normal anymore.
  However, thanks to sports taping, I was able to protect my finger and also play BASKETBALL. At first, I doubt if the tape would cure my finger. Surprisingly, the taping actually worked. I was curious how this things worked. According to Wikipedia and other youtube videos, taping functions as a muscle. Therefore, by taping my finger, I was able to reduce the activity of my muscles in finger as the taping worked as a muscle. I am very thankful to the guy who made sports taping as the taping almost cured my finger.

1 comment:

  1. So scientific. Like engineering. Nice work. Is that your hand?

    ReplyDelete