Monday, November 26, 2012

What should I do when I'm alive?

  A creature that seems to be bunny doll making another one and disappearing is a simple summary of the video. Before I start the essay, I would like to notice that I'll be calling this "unknown creature" from the video a bunny. Right after I finished watching, there was a thing that came up to my mind. I felt that this video can be related to our lives. Specifically, I had a feeling that the video had shown me life as a whole.
  At the very beginning, a bunny is holding a book, standing still and blinking its eyes. It could be portrayed as a baby or a child who has no idea why they were born and what they are supposed to do. Then the bunny goes to the table, and reads the book. It was similar to the youths learning about something in order to use the knowledge when they become an adult. Also, it could mean the youths who set a goal for their lives. After the bunny read a book, it started to work in order to create the other bunny. When the bunny finished its work, a doll he made didn't move. In my view, it seemed similar to failure in one's life. Eventually, a doll started moving and the original bunny was happy about it. Right after the two rabbits faced each other, the original one gave a book to the new one and disappeared. Now, the new bunny reacted almost the same as the original bunny at the beginning of the video.
  It felt awkward at the last part of the video. I was able to feel sadness, anger, and happiness at once. I felt happiness because it showed that people may achieve their ultimate goal of their lives and feel the sense of accomplishment. However, I was able to feel sadness and anger at the same time because it seemed like the video was suggesting that all you get is happiness after all the hard work and preparation through a whole life. After the work is done, people usually leave inheritance for next generation. This is what I thought when a bunny passed a book and disappeared.
  At first, the video made me think about my life deeply. I questioned myself. "Why do I have to live hard and achieve something if I'm going to die anyway?" I still couldn't find the answer of it. What people say is that we should work hard when we are alive for the NEXT GENERATION. However, the problem is that I couldn't find other good reasons for it. I believe that I'll have to deal with this question for a long time.
                                  The Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment